As a teaching assistant for the fall semester, you must complete the requirements for the Teaching Assistant Institute (TAI) by completing two university-mandated requirements: an online course and a face-to-face class.
- Complete the TAI online preparation course between August 1 and September 13, 2016. Access the course by clicking this link or copying and pasting it into your browser: https://apps6.system.tamus.edu/TrainTraq/web/External/ExternalGatewayLogon.aspx.
NOTE: You cannot access this module via SSO/TrainTraq; ignore any message you might see to sign off and go to SSO.
- Sign on using your TAMU email address and if it DOES NOT contain underscore or dash characters. If you do not have a TAMU email address or if your TAMU email address has underscore or dash characters, you may use a personal email which does not contain one or more underscore or dash characters.
- The password will be available on the Center for Teaching Excellence website (http://cte.tamu.edu/Graduate-Student-Support/Teaching-Assistant-Institute) by August 1, 2015.
- Search for and complete course 2111828 – Teaching Assistant Institute Preparation – CTE.
Note: You are encouraged to complete this course before attending the face-to-face session; it must be completed no later than Saturday, September 13, 2016.
- Keep an electronic copy of the completion verification that will be emailed to you after you successfully finish the course. You may also share it with your supervisor.
- If you have a technical problem accessing or completing the course, contact the Center for Teaching Excellence at 979-845-8392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Attend the university-mandated Teaching Assistant Institute (TAI):
Date: Wednesday, August 24
Start Time: 8:00AM
End Time: 5:00 PM]
The first session starts at 8:00 AM promptly and all sessions will be completed by 5:00 PM
Where: Wehner (WCBA) Building on West Campus, first floor.
Look for the registration tables inside doors nearest parking lot 72.
Registration: Please register for TAI at ers.tamu.edu.
If you do not have a UIN, you may register on-site beginning at 7:30 AM.
Parking: Metered parking is available in lots 72a and 72b.
Make note of the number of your parking spot and pay for your parking fee before entering the building.
Bus Routes: Bus routes 01, 03, 04, 06 and 09 stop near Wehner.
You may need to transfer to one of these routes from an off-campus bus, so plan accordingly to ensure you arrive in time to sign-in before 8:00. Go to the Transportation website to check the bus schedules.
Food: Snacks and water will be available during breaks.
Pizza (meat, cheese, and vegetarian options) will be served for lunch. If you have any special dietary requirements or would like something in addition to or instead of pizza, please bring your own lunch. You will not have time to leave campus for lunch. No microwave or refrigerator will be available.
We encourage you to explore the Teaching Assistant Institute website for more information; specifically, the Frequently Asked Questions, which provides useful information about what to expect the day of training.